Friday, February 27, 2009

Attention Deficit Disorder

Dear Blog,

I guess I've been on a blogging hiatus. Apparently, this is not too different than when I was a kid. Back then, I would write in my diary regularly and then a flashy something like Atari or making friendship bracelets would lure me in and I guess I couldn't find time to do both. I'd forget about my dear friend, the diary, for months at a time. Eventually, when I wanted to vent or rave about my life, I'd dig it up again and write to my heart's content. . .always signing "Sincerely yours, Sandra D."

Facebook has been my recent little sparkly thing that's veered me away from you at this time in my life. As I'm slowing rehabilitating myself from my Facebook addiction, I am remembering the fun I used to have with you. The pictures, the comments, the pride in the girls' faces when they got to read about what I'm sharing about them. I missed you, blog, and I'm back.

Sincerly yours,
Sandra D. Turner

11 comments:

likeschocolate said...

I have been wondering where you have been. You were missed; especially, the adorable photos of your girls.

Nan said...

We have missed you, too. Welcome back.

Gail said...

We missed you too. I, myself, am facebook challenged. But everybody I know is on. Even my kids want to be on but to them I said no way, jose. How are you FEELING? ;)

Joanna said...

you are halarious!

Anonymous said...

Since when do you go by Sandra D. Turner? That's not even technically your name.

Brett and Desiree said...

I totally get this FB addiction thing--remember how you had to convince me that it was a fun thing to do? Yeah, well, I'm feeling the addiction thing a bit too...are we related or something?!? Thanks for your example that breaking free is possible!

Anonymous said...

Dear Diary,

I've missed you terribly. While I like fb, I just don't get it enough. My kids have to tell me how to navigate it. I go on enough to add friends so I don't hurt anyone's feelings. I did have a little conversation with clint the other day. That's the extent of my fb journey. I can justify the blog with family history...I can't say the same for fb...oh well. I should really be cleaning my room anyway.

Candice said...

Funny! I've missed reading all your posts too!

Kerrah said...

Sandals, It's nice to have you back. Although I understand the addiction, and I find myself doing exactly what you described. However I MISS you, I really long for our friendship, and it's just different now that we live so far away. I love the blog, it makes me feel still "connected"! Love ya girl!

Malinda Ball said...

Sandy you are so funny! I feel the same way. It is too hard to keep up with both of these!

Gail said...

Sandy you are so funny! I just set up a facebook account also. I have reconnected with a few friends from high school that I haven't talked to in 25 year...FUN! Anyway, when you get a minute will you show me how to put that book thing on my blog? Take care :) Gail