Friday, June 5, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter

The other day Scotlyn wanted to craft so I gave her my paper, scissors, tape and glue and let her have at it while I finished the laundry. She told me she was going to make a purse. I thought it would be a cut-out in the shape of a purse. Oh no. Not Scotty. She made this thing detailed with pockets on the side and everything. When I was her age I did the same type of thing. I made a filing cabinet out of construction paper with drawers that opened and all. I have never showed her any of this--it's just innate. I love that we have that in common!

Later, she went outside to help daddy with the garden (that's why the funky gloves).

2 comments:

Derico Photography said...

Cute! Maybe she has a brilliant career ahead of her in Fashion Design...

Joanna said...

very very creative! she is such a cutie, just like her mama! that is another thing you have in common!