Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lovell or Bust

Aunt Barb and Regan.

Mickey, me, mom, Barb, and Kirk at Uncle Henry's birthday party.
This picture was taken at was once known as the "Rose Bowl" a car-hop type of restaurant my mom worked at in the 1950's when my dad pulled up in his brother Cleve's convertible and saw my mom for the first time. Well, it was all history after that. . .

My sister, brother, sister-in-law and I went to Lovell, Wyoming to surprise my mom who is in a care center. I haven't seen my mom in 2 1/2 years and I was nervous. My sister and brother and sister-in-law went into her room first and surprised her. She was shocked to see them. Then, my sister said that she needed to call me to tell me what my mom's reaction was. She called me on her cell phone while I was in the hall and said, "Sister, I wish you could be here." Then I said, as I walked into the room, "Maybe I can." My mom looked right at me and just stared! She couldn't believe it. Everyone was crying. Regan went right to her and snuggled her for a long time. We only stayed 2 days but it sure was worth it for her to see her last grandchild. I miss my mama! It was so hard to leave. Tears were shed knowing I might not be able to see her again for a long time. It was all very emotional but I'm so grateful to all the people who made it possible for Regan and I to have experienced it all!

3 comments:

likeschocolate said...

SO glad you were able to visit with your mommy. Sorry she isn't doing so well.

admangus said...

Nice pictures of you and your family! SO GLAD you were able to come out and visit your MOM!

Joanna said...

That made me cry to just read the post! That was so cool you and Regan could go see your mom!