Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Things


As I was cleaning the kitchen the other night, I started to push the chairs in and noticed Scotlyn's cowboy boots under the table. I thought they looked so cute the way they landed (I'm sure she kicked them off as she sat down to eat). I remembered earlier that day when she came home from school she put them on so she could hurry outside. She just put on whatever was available which is just her style. She had her school shirt and shorts on and then these cowboy boots that didn't go together. It was so Scotty.

Then one morning she brought Jared and I these cards (the kind you find in magazines) already filled out and wanted a stamp to mail them because she wanted whatever they were selling. We told her she couldn't put it in the mail because they are just trying to get us to buy something. Jared found the card a couple of hours later and she had crossed out the "yes send me this thing" box and wrote under it, "No, I can not get this." She asked us to put it in the mailbox to let them know she won't be able to buy it. That's my Scotty-kins!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jill Frost said...

Girl...your blog is on my list of 'happy things'. Every time i look at it, you cheer up my day! You rock!

Hamblin Family said...

What a funny kid! She has such a great personality. Unfortunately we're still not 100% positive on the name Jenna, but hopefully we'll be soon.
Sorry!