Saturday, July 19, 2008

Nails In My Coffin?

I finally have a permanent record. I did something about my bare-just-moved-in look of my walls. I HUNG UP PICTURES!! More specifically, I put nails in the walls. I knew this was against the laws of the Turner-land, but I just felt rebellious. My accomplice in crime, (alias: Frosty), actually took the weapon and did the deed but I was the real perpetrator. . .the mastermind behind this criminal act. I hired "Frosty" to aide and abet in this crime because she has the ability to do a very good whack job with her aim at nailheads. However, at approximately 18:00 hours Detective Jared walked onto the scene and instinctively knew there had been disorderly conduct. After discovering no priors "Frosty" was off the hook but I got busted! The forensic evidence was overwhelming! Later, I got an acquittal after an obvious confession of guilt. My official statement is: In the words of Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, "Well behaved women seldom make history." That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Crime scene A: Chalkboards I just made of my superhero girls. Chalkboard paint is the greatest invention ever!

Crime Scene B: Finally the picture that "Frosty" took for Detective Jared and I is being shown-off in all it's glory.

Crime Scene C: These pajamas were worn by all my girls and I had to have their skivvies exhibited in our half-bath for guests to laugh at for black-mail's sake (another crime I'm guilty of).

Crime Scene D: This is for the girls' bathroom. I think it's a good message to the girls of uh. . .enduring to the end?

Plainly you can see that this was all a crime of passion. . .for crafting and decorating. What is your verdict? Guilty or Not guilty?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally guilty - I'm sure detective Jared will throw the book at you. With any luck, he'll wait until August and it can be Breaking Dawn!

Joanna said...

I LOVE it! What did you make the chalk boards with? Did you paint it on the wall or paint something with the chalk-paint & then hang it on the wall? It looks really cute! Once again - LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

There was NOT an acquittal.

Amy Smith said...

I adore it! You did a great job! You are so incredibly talented! You need to put more holes in walls!

Kerrah said...

Way to go Sandals! You are so talented in an artistic way, I'm jealous!!! Really did you do the drawing on the chalkboards? Hey once you've put a nail in the wall you can never go back. I dare you to do it some more. (He'll get over it.) If not there's always spackle and paint! (Sorry Jared, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.)

Mindika said...

Totally not guilty. I think it's a crime to have no pictures or anything on the walls. It's a crime against interior design. Tell Jared I think he's guilty and should be punished by the gods of style.

Hamblin Family said...

I couldn't be prouder! It looks great- I'll have to remember to thank Frosty for her help. Great writing too. Did you learn that in prison? :)