Sunday, April 26, 2009

Run Turner Run!


Coming up to the finish line


3 of his cheerleaders

Yesterday Jared ran the half-marathon in the Country Music Marathon (along with over 30,000 others and over 100,000 spectators) here in Nashville and finished in 2 hours 24 minutes. Even with the big hills and temps in the upper 80's, the runners pushed through! The atmosphere was awesome with live bands playing all along the course and the beautiful sunshine and skyline! We are so proud of Jared and all the hard work and training he has put into it. He's our hero!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow..it's hard enough to run in cool weather. Jared is my hero.

Stacy said...

So glad he didn't run in those tiny shorts!! Why do people wear those. I am impressed with him. How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jared!

Nan said...

I am glad you posted this. I noticed when he mentioned it on facebook. Good job, Jared! What are your plans after this?

Joanna said...

That is so cool that Jared did this! What a great accomplishment!

Amy 'n Clint said...

I applaud anyone who runs in a marathon. Way to go!!!

Rahni said...

Oh my goodness--what a runner! I can't believe that time. I'm just hoping for somewhere between 4 and 4.5 hours for my next marathon. Maybe I should take inspiration from Jared and train harder! Congrats!