Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Sidekick

Dear Bryn,

I already miss having you around everyday now that you're at school. Don't get me wrong, I do not miss the arguing with your sisters or the 20 repeats of everything funny said or done, the endless tormenting me with potty jokes. . .but I do miss you. I miss you making lunch for the girls which you always, er. . .usually did with a smile. I miss you following me everywhere and asking, "Whatcha doin?" I miss you telling me how bored you are and me getting to tell you I'm not the entertainment committee. I love that I got you addicted to the Anne of Green Gables books and that we could talk about it and then watch clips from the movie on YouTube. I asked so much of you and you amazed me with how responsible and dependable you are becoming. Thank you, Bryn, for giving me a more relaxing, quieter summer than the last few. I really enjoy your company and your amazing sense of humor!

All My Love,
Mom

3 comments:

Chantalita said...

I LOVE Anne of Green Gables. How could a girl not love it, right? I can't believe their school has started already. It is the beginning of August for crying out loud.

likeschocolate said...

That is so funny because I have been telling the boys that I am not the entertainment committee. Hilarious. However, I was glad to send them on the bus this morning.

Joanna said...

This is the sweetest post ever!!! I wish I had a little girl too! Makes me cry! I have the Anne of Green Gables movies - and Anne of Avonlee (sp?) if you want to borrow them. Maybe your next school break you can have a pj party and watch them all. Oh, I would love to come! :)