Monday, September 22, 2008

Petrol


Petrol (as they call it in England) is having a tough time making it here to us in Nashville from Houston due to the Hurricane Ike. Friday, I went to filler up and there was no petrol to be had. Wherever I went there were bags around the pump meaning they're dry. It was a huge news story (still is), thus, the local news got blamed for the shortage. Say what? Yep--CNN reported that Nashville's local media created a panic (by reporting the news--was that what they're supposed to do?), and therefore, a shortage. Well, ahem. . .here's what CNN has to say when the same crisis is happening in their headquarters city of Atlanta. Uh. . .Houston, we have a problem.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

C. Stover said...

Can we say - 'Emergency Preparedness", "Food Storage", and (my favorite) "..if ye are prepared ye shall not fear.." (or in this case... make a run on gas?). Of course, I only waited in line for 20 minutes... ;P

Anonymous said...

I have gas, and I didn't have to wait in line. :) Oh, you were talking about fuel for the car. Nevermind.

Joanna said...

yep, it is pretty bad out there! My friend in the ward called me last Friday & said it was like the Wild West out there - no gas, people fighting, police having to intervine....fun stuff!

Tricia Bowen said...

hey- I"ve been thinking about you. Is the "petrol" problem getting any better around there? Guess you better come and see us!!!!! Oh, wait.....we're coming there!!! :LOL