Wednesday, September 3, 2008

stephaNIE NIElson


I've been preoccupied about a story I saw on somebody else's blog about a fellow blogger: Stephanie (Nie Nie) Nielson and her husband, Mr. Nielson. Her sister, C Jane has been updating her blog for her while Stephanie fights for her life in a burn center in Arizona.

From C Jane's blog: ". . .as part of our LDS doctrine, we are fully aware of the sacredness of the soul. And we believe in a Father in Heaven who has a plan for our souls. There is something about walking through the valley of the shadow of death that reminds us how glorious it is to have a body and a spirit. And we look forward to the day when both will be inseparable. Where is the tragedy here?"

You can donate if you want to the Nielson's fund for medical bills. I have a link on the top right of my blog. Here is a beautiful tribute to them that a fellow blogger put together.

3 comments:

Chantalita said...

I've been following Nie's story too. So sad what happened to them.

Nan said...

Yes, I saw this too. Their accident was after the plane crash here that took 3 of our community leaders, and before the plane crash in Moab that took 8 (or was it 9) of Cedar City's own. What a miracle it is that Stephanie and her husband survived! And what a miracle all that is going on in the blogging world because of their sweet spirits. Following Nie Nie's story has taken up my whole weekend. We will definitely keep them in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

They are friends of a friend of mine. I've been reading about them on her blog too. Our prayers go out to them.