Saturday, September 15, 2007

For Alma Mater's Sons and Daughters


Early this morning Jared and Scotty left for Oklahoma to see BYU beat Tulsa. They were graciously invited to stay with our friends, Lee & Tricia. This picture was taken in January at Nashville's Music City Bowl. Scotlyn is very much a football fan and she loves to go to sporting events. Tonight Bryn is going to High School Musical on Ice so I stayed here with her and McKoy. But I'll still be cheering for my Cougars! There's a guy in my ward that went to see the first home game in Provo and on his flight he memorized the BYU fight song. Here it is in case you feel like singing along after they make their many touchdowns:

Rise, all loyal Cougars and hurl your challenge to the foe.
We will fight, day or night, rain or snow.
Loyal, strong, and true wear the white and blue.
While we sing, get set to spring come on, Cougars, it's up to you. Oh!
CHORUS:
Rise and shout, the Cougars are out along the trail to fame and glory.
Rise and shout, our cheers will ring out as you unfold your vict'ry story.
On you go to vanquish the foe for Alma Mater's sons and daughters.
As we join in song in praise of you our faith is strong.
We'll raise our colors high in the blue and cheer our Cougars of BYU.
Rah, rah, rah-rah-rah, gooooooo COUGARS!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Gina said...

Yeah! Go cougs!
Kirtis is out of town this weekend, so I haven't been caught up with the sports world. Basically, he is my ESPN, and that is good enough for me!
I am glad to hear the Cougs beat TCU! Yeah! Go cougs!

Gina said...

I think I took the "to see BYU beat Tulsa" literally as if it had already happened! I guess I am WAY out of the sports arena without Kirtis to help me!

Tricia Bowen said...

Yah, we aren't going to talk about the game! But, it was great to see Jared and to meet Scotlyn. She is a total doll! Next time, you have to come with them!!!!!

Joanna said...

Wow! I am impressed you know all they lyrics! I went there for how many years & went to numberless games & such...all I ever knew was the rise & shout & ra-ra part. Some alumni I am, hugh?