Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Honky Tonk


All ya'all, I've been noticing southern accents again. I noticed them when we first moved here, but then it was the norm and I didn't notice anymore. When my sister came she got a kick out of the southern accents and southern expressions she found everywhere she went and I started hearing them again, too. Some accents sound thick and hick-like, others are Honky Tonk, and others are "Designing Women" drawls. I would say the Honky Tonk is the most common. It sounds like how Country Music stars sound when they talk--or sing. Bryn started saying "Golly!" We nipped that one in the bud real quick because it sounded hick-like. Coco has a speech therapist that has a nice southern accent and I think she may pick it up. Golly! Bless her heart. . .

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gina said...

Southern accents are so fun! All my siblings and I had southern accents when we lived in Mississippi. It was pretty funny, but we didn't even realize how bad it was at the time. Just be sure to video or record your girls after you've been there awhile. Rest assured they'll pick up a little drawl and you won't be able to do a thing about it! Then go back and listen in 10 years! You'll be amazed!