Saturday, October 13, 2007

Louisville Sluggers

We took a day trip to Louisville yesterday. We went to the Louisville Slugger Museum and took a tour of the factory where they make all of their bats. We were able to see many cool things and the girls actually liked it a lot because they remembered famous names from the movie "The Sandlot." Bryn was amazed that we actually got to see "The Great Bambino's" bat and Shoeless Joe Jackson's.

After we were done at the museum we went to see my Uncle Cleve & Aunt Evelyn who live in the Louisville area. They have a beautiful home and it was wonderful to visit with them. It was so fun to spend time with family. It's my only connection I have to my dad. My Uncle Cleve looks a lot like my dad and sounds how I remember my dad sounding. We met up with their daughter, Stacey, her husband, Doug and son, Sam. They were all so fun and were so gracious to us and took us out to eat at a fantastic Mexican restaurant. I can't wait to visit them again! I can't believe it took us a year to get there in the first place--they are less than 3 hours away!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

so fun! I'm glad you went & had a wonderful time