Wednesday, February 20, 2008

MIGRAINE

I have been getting severe migraine headaches since I was in Kindergarten. In fact, I remember many of my Kindergarten, first grade, second grade, etc. lunches were spent in a classroom since the cafeteria food smells triggered a migraine for me. They did CAT Scans and other tests on me thinking I may have a brain tumor. What 5-year old gets migraines? I don't know why I still get them. The same things that brought them on when I was younger, don't seem to now. Last night I had a terrible migraine and all that accompanies it. While I was bent over the toilet, Scotlyn had her comments about how gross it was, but then she quietly brought me a plate of food (a banana, grapefruit, apple, and candy along with a glass of milk). Of course, I was too sick to appreciate her effort to help me feel better, but it just showed me that, even though she seems to be a little stand-offish, she is a sensitive, sympathetic child and I'm so lucky to have her. Thank you, Scotlyn.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

What a sweet Scotlyn! My sister gets them really bad too. I'm sorry you have them! You poor thing!

Anonymous said...

Ouch - I feel your pain. I get migraines really bad too. I HATE them! Good thing you have sweet Scotlyn to look out for you.