Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Twister





Thanks for all of your phone calls and emails regarding our safety. We are doing just fine. We are safe and our home and neighborhood were not affected by the tornadoes. As the tornado sirens sounded, the girls bunkered down in my bed because our bedroom is on the bottom floor near the closet were we would take shelter. Jared worked 24 hours straight and never came home last night because of the tornado situation and the election coverage--a very busy news day. He was driving home from work this morning and was so tired he had to pull over a few miles from home to take a nap. He will be going back today to help cover the story. All is well.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kerrah said...

I just saw the news about the twisters on yahoo's home page, cause I didn't watch the news on TV last night. I was gonna email you, but I'm glad all is well in your neck of the woods!!!

Loves,
Kerrah

Joanna said...

Poor Jared! That is a LONG day! I'm glad you are safe too.

Anonymous said...

That is a long day! We were out East...but we talked to the kids all night long via cell phone. I'm glad nothing hit here. I feel so sad for the people with all that damage.