Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine


I was tagged, so here it goes:

What is his name? Jared, Jare-Bear, Honey
How long have you been married? 10 years, 8 months, 7 days
How long did you date? we met in September, engaged in January, married in June
How old is he? 32 (I'm a cradle-robber, or as he likes to call me. . .his sugar-momma)
Who eats more sweets? I think it's a tie
Who said "I love you" first? He did in on the bridge in front of the Las Vegas New York, New York Hotel
Who is taller? He is a whole foot taller than me! He's 6'4"
Who can sing better? Definitely him--He was in BYU Men's Chorus and has a FANTASTIC voice. He sings around the house all the time. He even sang to me at our wedding reception, along with his friend, Lee. They sang "The Rose" and played their acoustic guitars. It was very cool!
Who is smarter? He is on most things, but I can hold my own
Who does the laundry? He used to when I worked while I put him through school. Now I do--which has actually worked better for me since we now have our own washer and dryer and don't have to use the coin-operated apartment machines.
Who pays the bills? He does
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do
Who mows the lawn? He does every week (in the spring and summer). He loves his outside-the-home housework. He has lots of projects going on in our yard.
Who cooks dinner? I do on the weekdays, but he usually takes care of us on the weekends.
Who drives? He does because he says, "I want to live". What???? I am an excellent driver. . .
Who is more stubborn? That's a tough one. We are both extremely stubborn, but I think I give in more frequently than he does. So, I will say he is.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me!!! I was the first and last person he kissed, too. He promised himself long before he met me that when he knew he found his wife, he would give up his membership in the virgin lips club.
Who asked who out first? Well, his friend, Lee, asked me out in behalf of Jared for a buddy-ball. That's when you set up your roommate with someone and don't tell them who it is. Does that count?

Who proposed? He did--under the big tree on the Manti temple lot. It was an EXTREMELY sweet day!! I remember it very clearly.
Who has more siblings? He does--3 brothers, 1 sister to my 1 brother, 2 sisters
Who wears the pants? Depends on the issue. We have learned to pick our battles and we try to respect each other on the issues that one of is more passionate about.

CAUTION: The next paragraph is pretty cheesy, but true. Read at your own risk.

I love my Jared. He's an excellent father who is involved in every aspect of his daughters' lives. He's a romantic--named a star after me. He gets me medicine when I have a migraine. He still opens ALL doors for me, including the car door even if we are just in the garage coming home from the store. He makes sure my side of the bed is to my liking and temperature. He listens and understands who I am. He still smacks my behind when I'm cooking (I know, lucky girl, I am) Grrrr! He starts doing a silly dance with me when I'm mad at him to get me to lighten up. He loves the Savior, Jesus Christ. He dreams big and has an infectious enthusiasm about life. He's got a giant smile! I can't wait to grow old with him and see him spoil his grandbabies like grandfathers do. In the words of Martina McBride (come on, y'all, I live in the country music capital) he's "all I need, my love, my valentine". (awwwwww!)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Joanna said...

That is just so sweet! I loved "I'm an excellent driver"
reminded me of Rain Man.

Anonymous said...

Cute post! Now I feel like I know Jared better!

Anonymous said...

This entry is boring. Time to add a new post.