Monday, June 30, 2008

The Good News

I had a cool missionary moment a couple of weeks ago that I've been meaning to post. A girl around 18 years-old, knocked on our door and asked us for a Book of Mormon. What? Yep, that's right! She said she saw the Elders a few blocks away and asked them for one but they didn't have any left so they directed her to our house. She walked about 4 blocks in the humid heat to our house to get one. She said that when she was about 12 years-old she was baptized after the missionaries had taught her and her mother. Since then, her mother left the church and she followed suit. She said that she regrets that choice to leave since that was the place she felt the Spirit. She lives in Louisville, KY and was just here for work so she gave us her information so that we could give it to the missionaries in that area. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she was so excited to have one! That doesn't happen very often--especially in the south when someone asks YOU for a Book of Mormon. Jared had a book in his car and we were more than happy to grant her request! She is supposed to write to us to let us know how she's doing! It really brings happiness to share the gospel--the good news with others! Have you had a recent missionary moment? Comment here on my blog or email me--I'd love to hear it!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

That is so cool Sandy! Haven't had any to share, I guess I better start praying for them! :)

Chantalita said...

Wow, amazing!! I hope you do hear from her again.