Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Second Chance

 


Today, just hours after I posted the entries below, we got a second chance with our little Coco. I took the girls to Old Hickory Lake and took a few pictures (this one is just minutes before) of them playing. Coco seemed to be pleased as punch standing in the sand just near the water. I thought she would feel the same way about water as she did last year when I took her to the lake--indifferent. So, I went over to plop myself down in the shade. Just as I was sitting down, I had the feeling to look up and take notice. I looked and I couldn't see Cokie anywhere. I kept scanning and I finally saw a pair of tiny hands just above the surface of the water. Adrenaline pumping, I ran and jumped in the water fully clothed and snatched her up. What if I hadn't listened to that still, small voice? What if? I feel terrible and sick about what could have been. I've been beating myself up all day. Yet, I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me another chance. I get to keep dancing with my Coco-rella.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Amy Smith said...

Oh Sandy, I am so sorry. It is the most horrible feeling. ((HUGS)). I am glad that all is well.

Amy Smith said...

This brought me to tears. I am so grateful that you listened to the prompting. I can't imagine this world without Coco in it. It is such a terrible feeling to realize how quick loved ones can be taken. I am so grateful your story had a happy ending. ((hugs))

Hamblin Family said...

Glad you are all OK! Thanks for being so in tune with the Spirit.

Candice said...

Oh Sandy!! Hugs to you!!

Joanna said...

oh my goodnes! That is so scarey! I have a renewed testimony of the spirit now! What an encourging story to always remain close to the spirit! & to LISTEN! Cuz sometimes I don't. I am glad you did Sandy! I am glad Coco is OK too!!!!

Holly said...

I am glad you were listening the the Spirit Sandy. That choked me up just reading it. Try not doing the "what if". Does no good. With that being said I would be doing the same thing. Hug all of your kids extra tight. I am so glad this story has a happy ending.

Holly said...

I am glad you were listening the the Spirit Sandy. That choked me up just reading it. Try not doing the "what if". Does no good. With that being said I would be doing the same thing. Hug all of your kids extra tight. I am so glad this story has a happy ending.

kelly said...

oh my heavens! luckily, as holly sad, at least there was a happy ending.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you listened!! You did what you should as a good mom. No what ifs girl. You did what a good mom would do!!! Love ya'll!!