Thursday, June 19, 2008

Vacation From Reality

The last two days have been action packed for us! We spent time with the fun Frost family which I refer to as my "vacation" since I did little, stayed away from our house, and played! The first day we tried to go strawberry picking and the place was closed because the strawberries are gone, so we decided to take a picnic to Long Hunter State Park on Percy Priest Lake. There is a fun playground and a gorgeous trail around the lake. The next day we went to the free movie (at Providence they have free kids movies at the theatre during the summer), walked around the outdoor mall (Jill, unbeknownst to me, bought all the girls sunglasses from Children's Place) and then hung out with them at their house where my kids ate all their snacks and messed up their house (I'm trying to remedy that now). Bryn and Taylor tied ribbons on their flip-flops and we decorated letters for the girls' rooms. It has been a great vacation but after all the fighting and whining I'm ready for school to start again!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Joanna said...

looks like so much fun! I hear you on the fighting....

likeschocolate said...

Even though you might like not to hear it, it is nice to hear that my boys are not the only ones who fight. I would send them to all the bibel camps. That is what I did last summer. The boys had a great time learned lots of bibel stuff and I had a quiet house. K